What Is PA BPW Foundation, Inc.
The PA BPW Foundation was established in 2008 as a 501(c)(3) organization. All money donated to either the Scholarship Fund or Edith Oler Flanigan Fund Grant is restricted for use by the guidelines established for each fund. Our donors can designate their gifts to support either fund as charitable contributions. The Board of Directors consists of eleven BPW/PA Federation members. Three are officers of the BPW/PA Federation. The remaining eight are active members of the BPW/PA Federation. PA BPW Foundation is a separate entity from BPW/PA. The grants and scholarship applications are reviewed by a scholarship committee appointed by the PA BPW Foundation and recommendations are made to the Board of Directors of the Foundation who make all final decisions
To Provide full participation, equity, and economic self sufficiency for America's working women
Provides grants for individuals who:
• Are interested in furthering their educations;
• Had proved financial need
• Are United States citizens
• Meet the requirements set forth in the scholarship application
• Have been a paid member of BPW/PA or a resident of Pennsylvania for at least two years prior to application
• Submit a complete application with supporting data to the PA BPW Foundation scholarship committee.
Edith Oler Flanigan Fund Grant
Provides funds for members of BPW/PA to draw upon in emergencies such as:
• Catastrophic illness or accident
• Extended unemployment
• Disaster or any other unusual financial loss